If you’re new to Java and new to programming in general, then this Java crash course will allow you to get up and running with a basic understanding of the Java language, guide you through the installation of the basic tools you’ll need and introduce you to the basic building blocks of the language to allow you to both read and write Java code and continue your learning journey from a basic foundation.
In this course we’ll scratch the surface of Java and we’re looking to provide you with enough breadth of knowledge to help you on your journey to become a developer and to improve your Java development skills.
Please note that in this course we’ll not go into a lot of depth into the topics as this is not the intention of this course. Our intention is to get you off the ground in Java development.
What you will learn in this course:
- Understand the basics of Java
- Cover the basic building blocks to read and write Java code
- Introduce some of the Object Oriented features available in Java
- Introduce the concept of variables, primitive data types and operators
- Guide the students through the process of installing the basic required tools to learn Java